Laya’s Birthday Party Pictorial
August 11, 2011 § 4 Comments
Our baby Laya turned 1 last March and instead of having a big birthday party we had pocket celebrations and a birthday pictorial. The pocket parties were planned, we started with a family dinner (just people in our house), a family dinner (all of Didda’s side) and another party in Australia where we spent the summer. The pictorial on the other hand wasn’t planned it just fell into place. We had quarterly shoot with The Stork Studio and on her 9th month Sofia suggested an outdoor shoot but we were not ready for it so we had it inside the studio, but on our way home after the 9th month shoot, John said we can do outdoors the next time and just prepare a small table for four and have a small cake so we’d have a birthday themed pictorial since it will be her 12th month. That was my ‘aha’ moment and it turned into one big production number as soon as we got a nod from Teddy Manuel.
Please read more about the party, the suppliers involved and etc at W@W’s Blog or Didda Abet’s Blog or Mommy Manila’s Blog and please watch the video at Threelogy’s Blog shots from shoot of Phoeben Teocson Cinema 🙂
Am here to brag lang that the party is included in Smart Parenting’s Aug 2011 Issue on Party Special
We didn’t really plan this pictorial to be a full blown party pictorial but it turned that way and we are so happy. So happy that I would even recommend this to all, both those who intend to throw a big party and to those who don’t.
Why I like it?
1. We didnt spend a fortune throwing a party for her.
2. She didnt need to endure a party she wont remember yet we have party pictures for her to enjoy when she grow old.
3. We got a LOT of pretty family pictures. We always miss having family pictures during our parties because we are all busy entertaining our own guests and when we do get some snapshot they are hurried.
4. We got to do dream set up we wouldn’t be able to afford for an actual party.
5. It is so damn fun! We were just busy looking good and having fun, no guest to care for and no program to follow!
Oh I super suggest this to other families! Now if I can just convince Kite to not celebrate her debut haha!